Everything You Need to Know Before You Book Your Royal Palace of Madrid Skip the Line Tickets
Housing over 3,000 rooms, the Royal Palace of Madrid is the official residence of the Spanish royal family, though used only for state ceremonies now. Wander through the Royal Library, Grand Staircase, Crown Room, and Royal Armory, and marvel at the art pieces on display.
With over 1.5 million annual visits, you are bound to find huge crowds waiting to enter the palace. We recommend buying yourselves skip the line tickets to avoid long queues. Here’s all the information you need about the Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets.
Book Royal Palace of Madrid Skip the Line Tickets
Why You Should Get Royal Palace of Madrid Skip the Line Tickets?
- Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets allow you to get past huge crowds and long queues and walk right in.
- These tickets reduce your waiting time from a couple of hours to a few minutes because you get priority access.
- You save a lot of time and energy to explore nearby attractions like the Plaza Mayor, San Miguel Market, Prado Museum, La Almudena Cathedral, and more.
- You can opt for the guided tours because most of them come with a skip the line feature.
- With the world still reeling under the effects of the pandemic, it is best to avoid crowds.
- Get a glimpse of the unpublished exhibition of instruments dating back to the 17th and 19th centuries and the stunning art pieces and frescoes on display.
How to Skip the Line at the Royal Palace of Madrid?
Book Skip the Line Tickets
Skip the line tickets give you priority access to the Royal Palace of Madrid, which means you don’t have to stand in long queues and wait for your turn to buy your tickets. Skip past those long lines and walk straight into the palace without wasting your precious time and energy. Instead, spend it on exploring the palace and nearby attractions.Book Now
Book Tickets Online
You can buy tickets at the palace directly, but it is always advisable to purchase tickets online and in advance. There are usually long queues outside the palace for people wanting to buy tickets on the spot. Booking online and in advance will ensure you avoid the long waiting line and save time to explore the palace at your own pace.Book Now
Visit During Early Hours
If you want to avoid crowds, we recommend you visit the palace during the morning hours. The palace opens at 10 AM. Reach 15-20 minutes before for a hassle-free entry. Visiting in the afternoon during lunch hours is also a good option. If you want to visit later in the day, reach the palace about an hour or so before closing time to avoid long queues. It’s best to avoid visiting on weekends.Know More
Opt for Guided Tours
Most guided tours, by default, have the skip the line feature included in them. This means that you benefit from guided tours in two ways – first, you don’t have to wait in line to enter the palace because you get priority access, and second, you get an expert tour guide to show you around the palace and tell you about its history and the artworks on display.Book Now
Which Entrance Do I Use If I Have Royal Palace of Madrid Skip the Line Tickets?
There are five gates through which you can enter the Royal Palace of Madrid. However, the main entrance opposite the La Almudena Cathedral is the best option for skip the line ticket holders. There are two separate lines – one for those who want to buy regular tickets and the other for skip the line ticket holders. If you’re taking the metro, take lines 2 or 5 and get off at the Opera Station. You can also take a taxi that will take you straight to the palace. If you’re traveling by train, get off at the Principe Pio Station.
Skip the Line Tickets vs Guided Tours - Which to Choose?
Skip the Line Tickets
- Skip the line tickets guarantee priority access to the Royal Palace of Madrid.
- You don’t have to wait in long queues because skip the line tickets allow you to walk past the crowd and straight into the palace.
- Skip the line tickets are worth the extra money because you end up saving a lot of time and energy to not just explore the palace but also nearby attractions.
- Guided tours are also a good option because they include an expert tour guide who will give you a tour of the palace.
- When you visit a place of artistic and historical importance, it is always advisable to explore it with someone who has in-depth knowledge of the same.
- Guided tours are a chance to learn about the rich history of the palace and explore the artworks on display.
Verdict: The best option would be to book tickets that include both skip the line access and a guided tour. You won’t have to wait in line for your turn to enter the palace. Plus, you get to explore one of the most beautiful attractions of Europe with the help of an expert tour guide.
- Book your Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets online and in advance.
- Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because you’ll have to do a lot of walking around the palace.
- Read up about the Royal Palace of Madrid before your visit if you’re not taking a guided tour.
- The palace is accessible to disabled persons.
- It is closed for state ceremonies on certain days. Find out these dates before booking your tickets.
- The palace has a storage facility at the entrance in case you’re carrying large bags or luggage.
- Photography is not allowed in certain sections of the palace.
Frequently Asked Questions About Royal Palace of Madrid Skip the Line Tickets
A. Yes. You can skip the line by booking Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets online and in advance.
A. Yes. You can book Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets to visit the attraction.
A. The Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets start from €12.
A. You can book your Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets online.
A. Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets allow you to skim past huge crowds and head straight into the palace.
A. Yes. The Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets are definitely worth it because they save a lot of your time and energy and allow you to spend more time exploring the palace.
A. The Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets do not include a guided tour. However, you can book a guided tour with a skip the line feature.
A. While booking tickets online will save you time, you will need to buy Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets or book a guided tour to avoid waiting in long queues.
A. On a busy day, it takes about an hour or two to enter the palace.
A. No. Audio guides are not included in the Royal Palace of Madrid skip the line tickets. You can, however, buy or rent them.
A. The main entrance of the palace located right opposite the La Almudena Cathedral is the best option for skip the line ticket holders.